I Don't Believe In Love...

...at first site. I don't believe in love at first site. I do, however, believe in lust/attraction at first site. Love is more than attraction and short-lived hyped feelings. Love is knowing, accepting, commitment and selfless unlike lust which is ignorant,  selfish and fleeting. What people think of when they say love at first site is mostly attraction. Then a couple of  years, months, days later they want to leave because the feeling (the initial attraction) isn't there anymore. The adrenaline is gone and so you want to leave with it to the next person who makes you feel that way.

So no I don't believe in love at first site. Attraction draws people to each other and then we learn about each other. From this we have two choices friendship or acquaintance. If you sided with the former you have the choice of either staying at the friend level or building on that friendship to love.

The world's definition of love is diluted and corrupt. What's portrayed in the media isn't real and causes havoc. Been there done that. Your heart is not a toy that needs to be played with so keep it safe. I know it's hard to take the advice of others but trust me after being on the receiving end of advice and not heeding the warnings I wish I had listened and obeyed.

Being a Christian I handle my deceptive heart (Jeremiah 17:9) with a double edge sword (Hebrews 4:12). I'm waiting for love. I trust the Lord to bring someone for me if there is someone. He knows everything (Psalm 139) so why not trust the one who knows everything past present and future with the life HE made? I trust Him. So I'm not going to chase after any guys for love, I'm going to be patient and handle the task He has for me currently.

 You'll meet Mr. or Mrs. Right eventually. I'm in the same boat as you. While I'm waiting for Mr. Right I'm working on making myself (with Christ's guidance) into Mrs. Right.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!