Fall Favorites: Movies

Ahh it's October, the season's mark that Fall is officially here. iLoVeIt!! I love the crispness that comes with this season and the movies. :D



Now I don't celebrate Halloween but I do enjoy the films that depict fall and it's beauty. Growing up I wasn't allowed to watch things that involved magic as something to be obsessed over like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Harry Potter, which I understand. Kids are impressionable and I know for a fact that I'd be out trying to imitate them when I was younger. There are certain things that kids just shouldn't be exposed to until they're mature enough to discern what's real and what's not.

Now that I'm adult I have the freedom to watch whatever I please but I use discernment in choosing what I watch and what I don't (most of the time).  "Everything is permissible for me"–but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"–but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12)

Here are some of my favorites:
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)


Mars Attack (1996)


Hocus Pocus (1993)


Halloweentown (1998)


Halloweentown II: Kalabar's Revenge (2001)


Halloweentown High (2004)


Teen Witch (1989)


Scary Godmother: Halloween Spooktacular (2004)


Scary Godmother: Revenge Jimmy (2005)


That Darn Cat (1997)


Casper (1995)


The Addams Family (1991)


Addams Family Values (1993)


The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)


Mirror Mask (2005)


Scared Stiff (1953)


Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)


It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown (1966)


Twitches (2005)


Twitches Too (2007)


Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire (2000)


Star Trek (2009)


The Little Vampire (2000)


Little Shop Of Horrors (1986)




Things I haven't seen 
Edwards Scissorhands (1990)
Lost Boys (1987)

... but may watch if I get the courage
Frankenweenie (1984) [there's a new one coming out 2012]
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)
Phantom of the Megaplex (2000)
Gremlins (1984)
Fright Night (1985) [maybe the 2011 version]
Pet Sematary (1989)

Comments

  1. Oh I love halloween movies! can't wait for the end of october!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Sassi. Have you seen any of the movies listed?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies