The Heart of the Matter: Waiting

Just me thinking my way out of a depressed mood. The Lord was helping me as you can see. This is also an example of one ways the Lord speaks to those who seek Him.

 Have you ever had hope deferred? (Proverbs 13:12) It's a painful thing. I'm on the brink (of letting go / giving up). But I find that I'm like Stacie Orrico -still holding on. "Are you still holding on to your [faith? Live life your way!]" (Job 2:9)  I know those who overcome have great rewards (James 1:12-13) and I've failed enough times already. I'm really sick of not living up to the potential that God has established for me. I know he won't let me be tempted beyond what I can bare (1 Corinthians 10:13) so the only explanation for my failures are that I gave up when it got hard. These test are here to make us stronger (James 1:2-3). Like when you just start exercising and you can't run a mile but when you strive and push yourself a little more each day your body learns to run 10 miles. God is training us to win this race (1 Corinthians 9:24-27). Job was reimbursed family and wealth with twice as much as before (Job 42:10-17). Simeon got to see the child Jesus (Luke 2:25-35). Jesus gave his life for us and in return gets to sit at the right hand of God [and so much more that would take my entire life and infinitely more to list]. (Revelations 3:21). Waiting, hoping and trusting the Lord to provide is worth it. Let's not forget to actively obey the Lord's command and seek Him first. It gets hard but I want the best God has for my life.



Isaiah 40:29-31

29 He gives strength to the weary
     and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
     and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
     will renew their strength.
 They will soar on wings like eagles;
     they will run and not grow weary,
     they will walk and not be faint.


 Good night world,
                  Tempress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!