Happy Valentines Day!

I think this is my first Valentines post. I'm excited.

Movies are a big past time for Valentine's Day junkies. If you're like me you watch movies all the time so watching a romantic film on Valentine's Day doesn't make you any difference. But some people get really sensitive about this day. Sooooo I found something funny and cute for everyone to enjoy.

The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show: The Lost Ball Park

It's light, funny and sweet. iLoVeIt!!

 

Here are the links just in case there's a problem later on. I can't guarantee that these videos will be available forever.



Valentine's Day Advice: Be Nice.

I don't really talk about my own personal love life on purpose but I guess I'll share this story with yall if it helps anyone.

Recently I started to like a guy I worked with. He wasn't the most handsome guy and looking to the type of guys I'm normally attracted to he had almost the complete opposite of the physical traits I like. Not only that but he was into crap that I disagree with personally for health and spiritual reasons. So what was it that attracted me to him? He was kind to me and considerate. One of the top turn offs for me is a mean and rude guy. He doesn't even have to be mean or rude to me but if I see that he treats others badly he's showing me his true character. That's really two-faced to act one way in front of others and another way in front of the person you like. It's only a matter of time before he would start treating me unkindly as well.

Lately I've heard a lot of guys complaining and talking about the "Nice guys finish last" topic. Well I'm here to tell you that you're probably not as nice as you think you are. You're basing your niceness on the way you treat a girl that you like. How do you treat the girls you don't like? Niceness isn't defined by how you treat a lady you're trying to woo but how you treat everyone regardless of their standing in life. A genuinely nice guy probably wouldn't go around claiming that he's a nice guy.

Jesus says it best to His followers of the past and today in Luke 6:27-36.

    27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

   32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.


Why didn't I end up with the guy mentioned above? I'm waiting for a spouse, not a date. I want a lifetime commitment with someone I share my most valuable passion -Christ and his commands for our lives. I didn't see that in my co-worker. Christianity is numero uno on my list of traits that must be present in the guy I'm fond of.


I see no reason why people hate this day. I think it's nice to find a specific day dedicated to remind the people you love about your love for them. Like the song "Don't Save It All for Christmas Day" also don't save all your feelings for Valentines Day. Let your family and friends know you care about them year round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!