Drinking

Hey yall,

   I haven't been here in a while. I just wanted to let you all know of my struggles and if it can enlighten anyone else that's even better. I know the Bible says drinking wine and even beer isn't wrong it's just the getting drunk part that can lead you to sin and un-Christ-like behavior is what he's trying to protect us from. I understand the rule, principle, and consequences of the rule. Since I have a self-realized consumption problem I want to stay away from alcoholic beverages altogether so I won't accidently get drunk.

   Taking this all into account, I've sort of developed a disdain for people who drink even though there is no biblical law against drinking and I'm trying to get over that. I know there are many people who drink to get drunk but my perspective of a person who drinks is what bothers me. I think it's wrong to add to the bible or make other feel bad for something there is no biblical law against. As the Word itself say judge not others on the keeping of days or lack of day keeping. Principally this means not to judge anyone based on frivolity. God never specified that we should honor a pagan holiday like Christmas but there s nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of Christ either. In the same manner, God never commanded us to drink nor did he tell us not to but the only specified rule is to not get drunk.

   So I feel bad because I was thinking that I wouldn't want a husband who drinks and while that is my prerogative, as long is he is a man who believes in Christ, what if I disregard the man Christ has for me because he drinks?

Yahh... I'm just thinking on these things and trying to fix my perceptions. I've been wanting to talk on this topic a while anyways because a lot of people think drinking is bad when it's not . It's getting drunk that's bad.

“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12



16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence. Colossians 2:16-23


15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise,16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:15-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies