Love It or Leave It: Film Reviews 5

Throwback is the theme of this "Film Review". All of these films have been out for a while. I'm sure I'm not the only one late to seeing these films so I decided to continue with my review. Instead of using stars to rate I use  (hearts) meaning I love it and to represent leave it I chose this symbol:  (pointing hand).




Unstoppable


   I believe I only heard one ill use of Jesus' name but folks were using God's name in vain a ton of times with the GD swear word. I didn't expect to be flipped off twice though. Most of the this seemed unnecessary, uncalled for and unwarranted. It's not something you want to be watching around kids because of the language.

   Other than the negatives this was very entertaining. Centering around an out of control train headed for a heavily populated town in Pennsylvania, two workers decide to go renegade against authoritative commands to stay off the track and stop this train. They risk their jobs and their lives but the sacrifice for the ones they love mean everything to them. This film is based upon real life events. The real life story can be found here: http://www.wtov9.com/news/25762443/detail.html

  It might be just me but the trailer kind of ruined some of the suspense so I'm warning you all before you watch the trailer. For myself it showed me scenes that I put together while watching the movie so I knew what wasn't going to happen and what would not before the actual scene unfolded. You've been warned. If you still want to know about the film without watching the trailer I'd recommend the summary above.



   Your ears will be accosted so I'm not sure if the entertainment value will outweigh it. I don't think I'll ever watch this movie again because of the incessant swearing and misuse of my Master's name so I'm going to LeaveIt. ♥♥♥☞☞ (3 hearts)




Sherlock Holmes

   I had been avoiding this movie for some time. lol False assumptions about it being boring or scary, I suppose. I heard that they made Holmes gay but as I watched the film I can understand how they were coming to that conclusion but I couldn't come to the same assumption. I found more of a great kinship not commonly praised among men.


Set in 1892 Sherlock Holmes and his partner Dr. John  Watson races against time to prevent yet another attack from Lord Henry Blackwood. This thrilling adventure sends your mind reeling in time with the film to figure out how these unbelievable events are coming to pass.

The character, Holmes portrayed by Robert was so very different from what I expected. He did bring in a cockiness to the character which I was afraid of but he toned it back from Tony Stark's childish ways to a more sophisticated know it all who liked to jest. They made Sherlock Holmes fight. To my limited knowledge of the books I can't recall anything like that happening before. However having him fight was a pretty good idea, it added action to an otherwise dull film broadening the potential audience. A fighting Sherlock Holmes also made a bit of sense as they showed him predicting the moves of his opponent and readily adjusting to it like he does with every mystery. Now for his accent: we all know Robert is American but wow was I surprised by his ability produce such a thick accent for which I could barely recognize. They kept intact the famed explanatory Holmes telling how he came to solve the crime (to film company's benefit).
The cinematics: even the way the film was recorded and edited added not only a touch of old but a quick and clever way to keep the audience intrigued. It reminded me of the way "The League of Extraordinary Men" was filmed. Last but not least the artistry of the credits was awesome, I rewound the movie three times just to see that. 

(Sorry I just watched the film my english is a little dated. This usually happens when I really enjoyed watching a film.)





I got one word for this film "iLoVeIt" (yes, that's one word now). ♥♥♥♥♥ (5 hearts) I can't wait for the sequel set to come December this year to premier in theaters.






Tangled


   Tangled is a story of Rapunzel. I've never really looked into the original story of Rapunzel but growing up a child of media you really couldn't help learning the basics of her story. A girl with golden hair, who lived in a tower and let down her hair for the first guy who asked. lol Why was she in that tower was never really a concern for me until this film. :D

Rapunzel, a long-lost princess, lives isolated in a tower with Gothel, whom she believes is her mother. Gothel had kidnapped Rapunzel when she was a baby because of her magical golden hair that kept her young. She knew Rapunzel's magical hair, if cut, would turn brown and lose its magic. Every year on Rapunzel's birthday, her kingdom sends thousands of lanterns into the sky wishing their lost princess would return. On her eighteenth birthday, Rapunzel asks Gothel to let her see the floating lights, but Gothel says no because the world is full of dangers. When faced with the chance to go see these magical lights she takes the opportunity with Flynn, an on the run thief.

When I first saw the previews for this film I thought Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift (lol they were dating at the time of its release)!! It's funny, a little bit too much singing for my taste but they had a few numbers that had me wanting to join in song. I watched this film with friends and family and we all pointed out similarities of certain scenes to older Disney films like Aladdin, The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast. Reading comments on several trailers for this film others have said the horse reminds them of Pegasus of Disney's Hercules, Donkey from Shrek and the horse in the "The Road to El Dorado". Disney seems to be losing their originality. The movie's aesthetically appealing and the journey's entertaining. 





I'm giving this film ♥♥♥♥ (4½ hearts) iLoVeIt



__________________________


I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on the above films. Please leave a comment if you've seen these movies or plan to see them.

; ) Tempress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!