The Heart of the Matter: Smarts Vs. Kindness

   I've met plenty of people who were smart but I never valued it as much as person who's both smart and kind. There's something in their manner of kindness that gives off a humble feel that they would associate with anyone no matter their circumstance. I find that more becoming of a person than one who can rattle off facts.

   There is such a girl I grew up around. I rarely met another jewel like her. She's smart, kind, beautiful, talented and fun-loving which makes her personality more appealing. I can't release her name because she doesn't even know I'm writing this about her and I wouldn't want every guy in the country flooding her door. Her warmth, kindness and smarts made me want to look up to her as an example of the type of woman I would like to become.

   Growing up I wanted to be revered as an equal to the boys so I'm not as dainty as she. I'm a little bit more rambunctious and opinionated and it's expected seeing as though we are separate people raised differently. I pray though that kindness is distinctive in my life and that same mark she impressed upon me could be passed on to others throughout my existence.


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12

"For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins." 2 Peter 1:5-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies