Love It or Leave It: Film Reviews 6

It's about Avengers
DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND SPOILERS.






TURN BACK NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!!






YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.




LOL Moving on...

I'm doing features right now since I haven't been doing my LoVeIt or LeaVeIt series regularly in a while. I'd like to thank Douglas for looking forward to my review. That gave me motivation to stop being lazy and write. Like always instead of using stars to rate I use ♥ (hearts) meaning I love it and to represent leave it I chose this symbol: ☞ (pointing hand).

Avengers
Story
The action plot was awesome but the story was lacking. I believe the underlying value of the story was teamwork which I think could've been portrayed a little better. Although they kept saying "human" throughout the film I felt the only real connection to humans was made through Agent Phil Coulson and his parts weren't long. I'm still sad about that. I loved his scenes.


Action
The novelty of having all of your favorite characters in one big action movie is something I'm glad to have been able to see. I really like action movies but for some reason as New York was getting demolished for the 40th time I was just bored. Seeing the same scene in many other films has had it's desensitizing affect, I suppose. I really liked seeing the building fall into the earth after it exploded from the underneath, though. It reminds me of when God opened the Earth and it swallowed all of Korah's belongings, family and followers. I loved the last battle, the camaraderie among the team trying to save Manhattan and how each member got their own screen time showing their strengths. It must have taken quite a bit of thought to come up with a villain that they could all fight equally. Joss Whedon, the writer and director of Avengers, did an awesome job there.


Character Portrayal

Tony Stark/Iron Man
- actors acting: I like the way Downey portrays Stark although it's not an accurate picture he makes the film and role more fun.
- digital and costume design: I thought when he changed suites they'd show another style of his suit but nada. What a pity.

Thor
- actors acting: I feel sorry for the man having to speak in Shakespearean terms all the time but he does it well. I really feel that he's Thor when he's acting. I don't see Mr. Hemsworth. I also liked that Thor was portrayed as more compassionate in this film.
- digital and costume design: I love his suit. It works for this time period.

Captain America
- actors acting: Chris is totally not big enough but he did a good job of playing the selfless soldier. I loved that Captain America was used to honor soldiers and they didn't throw liberal propaganda in the mix. If they did I didn't hear it. Chris' Captain America did bring back some of the humanity lost in all the super human power by stressing teamwork among his mates and in particular Stark.
- digital and costume design: I thought when they said that they updated his suit there would be some major alterations. I could barely tell that they did anything to it. I think they could've done his suit better.

Banner
- actors acting: I liked his portrayal least of all. I'm sorry to those who loved him. I like Mark Ruffalo but not as Hulk. I felt that he was acting and not that he had assumed the character.
- digital and costume design: He's too big to be nerd scientist David Bruce Banner.

Hulk
- actors acting: I did not like that they made him act like some sort of a gorilla at times. He's a beast not an animal. They nailed his character though. He doesn't play well with others and I'm glad they showed that in having him fight team members.
- digital and costume design: They should've stuck with the 2008 version of Hulk. This one looked too...small. Also unlike the 2008 version where Hulk grew when fighting, this version should've grown when he was pelted with all of those bullets but no such thing happen.

Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- actors acting: I like how they made her pretend to be a damsel in distress for work purposes and then turn on her victims. She tricked me with that twice I guess that's shame on me.
- digital and costume design: They did a good job with her costume.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- actors acting: I actually liked him as a bad guy and good guy. Sometimes when they make the good guy go bad they make the good version weaker but Hawkeye was just as strong when he was good again. I'd like to see his back story and relationship with the Black Widow
- digital and costume design: Loved his suit. He looked cool shooting his arrows.

Loki
- actors acting: He did a good job at being the villain, portraying a twisted being. Loki's comedy came out in a dark form of taking pleasure from torturing others. I wish I could say more but I'm sure the obscure story line doesn't help. I think Tom Hiddleston did a great job at portraying the subtle and dark comedy of Loki.
- digital and costume design: I really liked that he didn't walk around with those horns on his head all the time.

Nick Fury
- actors acting: I wish we could see more of his hand to hand combat but I did like that he knew how to use the gun and was portrayed as someone with backbone and secrets.
- digital and costume design: I loved the Etch-A-Sketch around his patched eye. lol What was that all about? He's suppose to have line like scars.

Jarvis
Jarvis was starting to sound more human. Jarvis was thinking on his own and talking back. He took the initiative to help Iron Man take off and questioned Stark's decision on using technology that was not fully tested. In asking if Stark wanted to call Potts Jarvis sounded sad.



Other points I'd like to make...

In comparison to the comics the Avengers has been historically a little more serious but the comedy in comic films has become needed in order to garner a larger audience.

It did have cursing in it which we have sadly come to expect in these superhero flicks but I was saddened that most of them came from Stark. I'm not sure if I'm sadder that they made Tony Stark swear or Robert Downey swear. He's my favorite character and actor in this film.

Way too many one liners! Each one made the next a little less funny but they still had some wit that couldn't be deterred by redundancy.

One thing I loved was that Thor kept trying to give his brother another chance to turn back. Showing that (unlike popular media would have you to believe) people in power (or rich) don't always lack hearts and genuinely care.

Captain America should have used his shield more as a weapon than a defense. He's a super soldier they could've incorporated parkour into his fighting to better show his strength.

I absolutely love that Captain America pointed out that "there is only one God". You know being a Christ lover I have to say something about all the god mentioning. Loki walked around continually pronouncing himself god and forcing people to bow to him. LOL if you're a god there would have been no war at all and Hulk wouldn't have been able to touch you.

The book of Revelation talk about future happenings. In the future mankind will partner with Satan and all his goons and will try to make physical war with the GOD of ALL Creation. lol Let's read what happened.

"And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, 'Come, gather together for the great supper of God, so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great'
 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.Revelation 19:17-21

"When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison  and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.Revelation 20:7-10

So yea Loki and Thor and all the other Asgards who deem themselves a god are embarrassingly put to shame by the real story of the Lord of lords. No competition.


Yea there are a few things I didn't like about the movie but my overall experience was pretty good. What will keep people coming back to this film throughout the years are the characters, action and funny lines not necessarily the story. I might go back to watch Hulk slam Loki around but I'm not going to watch this film for a good story. The story of a film is something you should not neglect which they did. This film was a money maker. They knew they'd have a big audience because of the characters, the action and wit. The redeeming factor for me is that Joss Whedon gave the superhero fans just what they wanted to see out of their favorite characters. So I give this film ♥♥♥♥☞(4 hearts) iLoVeIt. It was fun. You'll have a good time watching this.



I'm sorry to those who don't agree with my opinion. You can yell at me if you want. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies