Fall Faves: Films!

Like last year I'd like to show films that are in tune with this season. Here are a few that are new and few that are old.

Vincent (Short Film) by Tim Burton and Narrated by Vincent Price (I thought this was too cute.)



Here's a new Tim Burton CG-film based on an older 1984 film of his by the same name, Frankenweenie.



ParaNorman (out in August)



Hotel Transylvania



The Great Ghost Rescue ( 2011 This is relatively new. I really liked it.)



The Odd Life of Timothy Green



It's A Wonderful Afterlife (2010) There were at least 2 swear words and they believe in reincarnation.



Jack and the Beanstalk (2010)



Jack the Giant Killer (June 2012)




Some Oldies
The Nutty Professor  (Jerry Lewis)


Hocus Pocus


The Corpse Bride


Kimi ni Todoke (aka From Me to You [a Japanese film])


CJ7 (2008, Hong Kong film [I haven't seen this in a while but I remember it being silly])


Monster in the Closet (1986 [viewer discretion is advised])


The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm


Frankenstein http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwdxY31249k <--in HD

Monster House


Penelope


James and the Giant Peach




Last year at the conclusion of my blog I put up some films that I hadn't seen and some that I might watch if I get the courage. Here's the list and I'll put a check by everything I did watch.

Things I haven't seen
Edwards Scissorhands (1990) ✓
Lost Boys (1987) ✓

... but may watch if I get the courage
Frankenweenie (1984) [there's a new one coming out 2012]
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) ✓
Phantom of the Megaplex (2000)
Gremlins (1984) ✓
Fright Night (1985 ✓) [maybe the 2011 version ✓]
Pet Sematary (1989 ✓)


Check out last year's Fall Favorites: Movies http://tempresslove.blogspot.com/2011/10/fall-favorites-movies.html
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Now I don't celebrate Halloween but I do enjoy the films that depict fall and it's beauty. Growing up I wasn't allowed to watch things that involved magic as something to be obsessed over like Sabrina the Teenage Witch or Harry Potter, which I understand. Kids are impressionable and I know for a fact that I'd be out trying to imitate them when I was younger. There are certain things that kids just shouldn't be exposed to until they're mature enough to discern what's real and what's not.

Now that I'm adult I have the freedom to watch whatever I please but I use discernment in choosing what I watch and what I don't (most of the time). "Everything is permissible for me"–but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"–but I will not be mastered by anything. (1 Corinthians 6:12)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies