Dear Future Husband (Open Letter)

(This is my babe's Christmas present)

"Love is patient..." (Corinthians 13)
In a world where everything is wanted and provided in an instant you should know that some things in life are worth the wait.

Since infancy we were betrothed in the eyes of the Lord. He made you for me and me for you. He sees us as we are maturing and with every passing day brings us closer together. He knows you inside and out, your weaknesses and strengths and chose you as a spouse for me. He knows my personality and still chose to make me for you. (lol)

I tried to change my personality several times but I guess this is just the way God made me. I'm learning to accept it and grow and I pray you do too. God knows us entirely and created us the way we are on purpose and for a purpose. He knows how our personalities will work with one another and has destined us for each other wisely. I don't know why and I'm anxiously awaiting the time(s) I discover the reason(s) the Lord has for putting us together.

I believe spouses can be from the Lord that's why I pray for you (Proverbs 19:14). I trust the Lord to send you to me in due time. He has picked someone specifically for me who has what I lack and attributes I don't even know I want or need.

I can't wait to get to know you, discovering your talents, secrets and growing together. I'm looking forward to the days where we can pray together and encourage and "spur one another on toward love and good deeds" (Hebrews 10:24).

God is making us into iron while we're apart so we can sharpen one another when we're together. Wood rubbed together starts a destructive fire but "as iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs. 27:17). I want us to be iron, helping and building each other up not tearing each other down.

I need not worry if you'll ever show up because whether you do or not isn't the point. The meaning of my life is not defined by man or my accomplishments but God and His will for my life. If I obey and rely on Him I'll find fulfillment. Everything is in the Lord's perfect and capable hands there is no need to worry. I trust Him and pray that you do also.

Longing for the day when I can say, "This is my lover, this is my friend" (Song of Solomon 5:16).

I hope you and everyone else reading this open letter had a very Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.



All My Love,
T


 "Words don't ever seem to come out right 
But I still mean them, why is that? 
It hurts my pride to tell you how I feel 
But I still need to, why is that? 

I miss you, like everyday 
Wanna be with you, but you're away 
Said I miss you, missing you insane 
But if I got with you, could it feel the same? " - B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!