See You Later Chuck Colson!

I spoke about this topic recently. In that entry I came from the point of view of an unbeliever dying and going to Hell. This time I'm coming from the very opposite view.

 I was thinking about saying R.I.P. to Charles (aka Chuck) Wendell Colson, a man who was Christian when he passed, but something still seemed wrong. Yea I'd like to wish him peace especially if he suffered a lot here on Earth but I know for certain that he's enjoying more than peace. He's in joyous bliss worshipping the Lord and being able to see Him in person. He's not concerned about my peace wishing either.


Chuck Colson led a life I believe we should all remember still. In the news I'm sure you probably heard about Mr. Colson's past as a man sent to prison for his involvement in the Watergate scandal. Yes, it's true Mr. Colson was sent to prison but before he went he became a Christian and noting the treatment of prisoners, once inside, decided to do something about it.  Based on his belief that Christ was leading him to start a prison ministry he founded Prison Fellowship after he was released in 1976.


Here is the testimony of Chuck Colson from his own mouth in 2008.




Another thing I really want to note about Mr. Colson's life was that he didn't abandon his involvement in politics because he was a Christian. I see that very often that a person who claims to know Christ will have nothing to do with politics. Believe it or not the government is going to make it harder for you to be a legal believer of Christ in America. They've already started using "hate speech" as their shield. While you stand up NoH8 against gays and lesbians now the party's going to come to you soon. If you believe what the Word says about homosexuals and you preach or evangelize about that prepare for the speech police to be at your door. There goes our freedom of speech. Environmentalist are the same way, worshipping the planet. You see they think tolerance means we have to tolerate homosexuals and everything else they throw our way but they don't have that same type of tolerance for a Christian who tells them what they're doing is wrong. The only thing they tolerate is a person who's a Christian in name only and who knows how long they'll "tolerate" that.


                                                    In the NoH8 Campaign they are trying to stop you from speaking. 




 The government and city halls are full of people who don't believe in God. If you, as a believer, keep relinquishing your duty as a Christian and American citizen do not blame anyone else when the world as you know it continues in it's downward spiral. We know from the Word that the world is going to get worse but if we stand by and let our country tank how can you say we're being good stewards over what the Lord has given us?


As it is in Esther when she, the Jewish Queen, found out about a plot that was set to destroy all Jews she was timid to act. She had good reason to be timid for her life was on the line if she spoke up without permission but then again her life was on the line anyway...

When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: 'Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?'



Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: 'Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.'

So Mordecai went away and carried out all of Esther’s instructions. Esther 4:12-17

Like Esther our freedoms are on the line whether we speak up or not. Contrary to popular belief the world is not getting better. It's getting worse. When are you going to stand up? When are you going to voice your opinion When are you going to vote for the truth that Christ gave you? If you stay silent now expect repercussions.

I praise the Lord for saving Mr. Colson, for working through his life to bring glory to His Name.
For every Christian truly striving to be like Christ here on the Earth we all go through Paul's struggle and from what I know of Mr. Colson, he did also.


"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;" Philippians 1:21-23




See you in Heaven Mr. Colson!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies