GOD Is LOVE: Love Over Lust




"6 Place me like a seal over your heart, 
   like a seal on your arm; 
for love is as strong as death, 
   its jealousy unyielding as the grave. 
It burns like blazing fire, 
   like a mighty flame. 
7 Many waters cannot quench love; 
   rivers cannot sweep it away. 
If one were to give 
   all the wealth of one’s house for love, 
   it would be utterly scorned."

Song of Solomon 8:6-7


She
 16 My beloved is mine and I am his;
   he browses among the lilies.
17 Until the day breaks
   and the shadows flee,
turn, my beloved,
   and be like a gazelle
or like a young stag
   on the rugged hills.

Song of Solomon 3

 1 All night long on my bed
   I looked for the one my heart loves;
   I looked for him but did not find him.
2 I will get up now and go about the city,
   through its streets and squares;
I will search for the one my heart loves.
   So I looked for him but did not find him.
3 The watchmen found me
   as they made their rounds in the city.
   “Have you seen the one my heart loves?”
4 Scarcely had I passed them
   when I found the one my heart loves.
I held him and would not let him go
   till I had brought him to my mother’s house,
   to the room of the one who conceived me.
5 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
   by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love 
   until it so desires.


Song of Solomon 2:16-3:5




The book song of Songs located in the Bible is all about the topics of love, longing, virtue and sex between Solomon, his fiance/bride and "friends". Contrary to popular belief God isn't against love and sex. He made it!! lol God confines sex to marriage and eros love to a man and woman committed to each other and on the way toward marriage. This does not mean people who say they're committed and are going to get married one day, no. Most people end up wasting there time and heart on love without life commitments.



" Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity." 1 Timothy 5:1-2

We're given these commands not to take the fun out of life but give us the happiest, safest, carefree lives possible.

Sometimes I think I'm keeping myself pure for no reason if my future husband is out there "sowing his wild oats" (lol) but God reminds me that my body is not my own but His. The Holy Spirit indwells there and far be it from me to defile His temple just to fulfill my own desires. We're suppose to honor the Lord with our lives that includes our bodies and minds also.





"14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: “I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.”



 17 Therefore,

   “Come out from them 
   and be separate, 
                                                    says the Lord. 



Touch no unclean thing, 
   and I will receive you.”

 18 “I will be a Father to you, 

   and you will be my sons and daughters, 
                                     says the Lord Almighty.”

2 Corinthians 7

 1 Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."

2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1




Tempress


photo credit: rezaaditya7
                    MoTA blogs
                    asa1600
                    Huo Zen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies