Redemption, Passion, Glory

A few happy moments but nothing can save you from the emptiness inside.

I tried to drown myself in music, going out, entertaining hobbies but none of the pleasures in life fulfill. The dull ache of loneliness can't be satisfied with people.  Your want for more is never contented. There's a longing deep within your soul and you can't fill it.

After looking for hours on end for something to preoccupy this mind of mine from wandering into the abyss of questions that lead me into that longing, I quit. I gave up trying to fight the battle and just sat on my bed to think and allow my brain to explore the plaguing questions. To every unnerving question the ultimate answer lead to God, my Savior.

I sinned and hadn't asked for forgiveness because I thought I didn't deserve it. Truth is- I don't deserve forgiveness but it's granted to me through Christ. The Holy Spirit tugged at my conscience throughout the day and I kept ignoring Him. He saw the road I was headed and tried to stop me but I was stubborn and gave into my freewill and sin nature leading me to the emptiness I described above.

Now I'm sitting here dealing with the consequence. The Holy Spirit stood in my aftermath still telling me to return to the Lord, my first love. Ask for forgiveness, turn away the Lord's wrath and obey Him once again. Every vain attempt at happiness in this world means nothing. Christ is the ultimate answer, the fulfillment, the joy of life.

If you have not believed that Christ came to Earth to forgive us of our sins and if you have not repented nor accepted God's gift of life, you aren't a Christian. Now if you'd like to change that believe that Christ came to the world to die for your sins, pray to Christ for forgiveness and admit Christ as your Savior and ruler of your life.

I leave you with Ecclesiastes. If you get a chance read through the entire book.



Everything Is Meaningless
 1 The words of the Teacher, son of David, king in Jerusalem:

 2 “Meaningless! Meaningless!”
   says the Teacher.
“Utterly meaningless!
   Everything is meaningless.”

 3 What do people gain from all their labors
   at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
   but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
   and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
   and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
   ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
   yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
   there they return again.
8 All things are wearisome,
   more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
   nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
   what has been done will be done again;
   there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
   “Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
   it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
   and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
   by those who follow them.

Ecclesiastes 1:1-11


The Conclusion of the Matter
 9 Not only was the Teacher wise, but he also imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. 10 The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true.
 11 The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails—given by one Shepherd. 12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
   Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

 13 Now all has been heard;
   here is the conclusion of the matter:
Fear God and keep his commandments,
   for this is the duty of all mankind.
14 For God will bring every deed into judgment,
   including every hidden thing,
   whether it is good or evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:9-14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

Single Ladies

PSA: My Generation!!