Love It Or Leave It: Film Reviews

"Love it or Leave it" is a new review segment I'm starting on here. Today it's about films the next could be about albums, clothes or anything. Instead of using stars to rate I give ♥ (hearts) meaning I love it and to represent leave it I chose this symbol: ☞ (pointing hand). I hope you enjoy this blog and this segment. Hopefully I'll be back with more.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader


I really loved it even though I was going deaf in the theater. They need to work on the sound level. 
Spoiler Alert (I gave up on this one)


Sticking to the Christian theme of the Chronicles of Narnia books fighting temptations was one of the main themes in this film.

Edmund Pevensie's temptation was one of wanting to be respected as a man and king in charge and not subjected to anyone. We've all been there so that was a very good way to relate his character to the audience. 

Lucy Pevensie wants to be beautiful - as beautiful as her sister, Susan, so much so that she steals a magic spell to temporarily gratify that desire. When it goes terribly wrong Aslan appears to her in a dream and asks her what has she done? 

Caspian wants to be a great king but is haunted by the thought of not living up to his father's standards.


New character Eustace (known by my father as Useless LOL) is a great nuisance and cousin to the Pevensie siblings. He has no imagination and even when drug into Narnia still doesn't believe what is right before his eyes. 


Each character had an unwholesome desire they had to fight to tame and with each weakness we, the audience, grew closer to the character. In triumph or fail we saw that fallible man even when given the best of the world still falls short when beckoned by temptation but are able to rise with the help of Christ and accountability.

Some mistakes hold serious consequence that we have to bear for always or for a time and this lesson was not spared from the audience either. The thing I loved most about the movie is that they didn't try to change/leave out the moral themes.

"I'm known by another name in your world." - Aslan



I give it ♥♥♥♥♥(5 Hearts) for standing against the odds. iLoVeIt!!
If you didn't know this movie almost wasn't. This is no longer a Disney movie. Look it up if you're interested. 





Robin Hood


I tried not to put spoilers in here but I'm not always good at that. You've been warned. 

I went into this movie just looking for a good time. A lot of action, some comedic relief and bit of romance. Seeing as this is mostly a guy's movie that's usually the recipe to garner the male audience. Then there are women like me who love that genre also. So I can honestly say I very much enjoyed the movie but it may not be for every girl.

This story differs from all the rest of the many Robin Hood tales in that it goes back and focuses on how Robin Hood became a fugitive. Other films would jump right into the plot of him helping the people but this took me by surprise by not giving all of it's attention to that topic.

I also liked how they played with the characters of King Richard and King John. Although I wish more time was given to developing Robin's partner's character, I understand that this was more about Robin than anyone else.


One thing that really caught me off guard was the singing. The men would sing and play instruments from time to time through out the film. A lot of Robin Hood movies are musicals and I thought they would leave that out but they didn't and even more to my shock the guys actually sounded good. lol

I gots to put the warning out for brief nudity and lots of blood shed. (Cover your eyes when the John is in bed.)




I give it ♥♥♥♥☞  (4½ Hearts). The nudity took it to half because they could've easily went without that clip - poor/cheap humor. Almost 5 because they kept me interested with the plot. iLoVeIt but some might want to LeaveIt.







Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time


It's a slight throwback but I love this film too much not to do a review. 

Prince of Persia is essentially about time travel. There's a dagger containing the "Sands of Time" which will allow the holder to travel a minute back in time. When discovered by Prince Dastan things take an untimely turn for the worst. He reluctantly teams with rival Princess Tamina to protect the dagger from falling into the wrong hands. 

I guess Jerry Bruckheimer likes making films based off existing products. Like Pirates of the Caribbean is based off of a Disney ride so Prince of Persia is based on a video game by the same name. He's able to make these products into great films anyway. 

The Prince of Persia games deal with an awesome amount of fighting and agility and staying true to the game Jake Gyllenhaal who plays Prince Dastan does an incredible amount of parkour and fighting in this film.

This film has all the elements of an entertaining movie: Action, romance, comedy and a good lesson to take away.

This film is much more thrilling than I'm letting on but because I don't want to ruin it for anybody I'm keeping quiet about the plot. Check it out for yourself and tell me what you think about it.

I loved the underlying theme of "do the right thing".




I give it ♥♥♥♥♥(5 Hearts) iLoVeIt!!


_____________________________________


That's it for today leave comments on the films if you've seen them or plan to see them.
Tempress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies