New Movies 2!!!

I forgot about my "New Movies" post. LOL Two years later I've watched all but two of the films on my list. Can you guess which ones I haven't seen yet? So anyways I decided to update it. A couple of days ago I made a little list of the upcoming films that I was interested in seeing and that's what I'll share with you all today and some. Organization is based on my desire to see the film.

Limitless (March 18, 2011) - A writer, faced with a chance to save his career, takes pills that allows him to use all of his brain. But this new ability brings unwanted symptoms and consequences.




Thor (May 6, 2011) - "The powerful but arrogant warrior Thor is cast out of the fantastic realm of Asgard and sent to live amongst humans on Earth, where he soon becomes one of their finest defenders."






Captain America (July 22, 2011) - Chris Evans takes on yet another Marvel hero, Captain America. I wonder if this is going to be any good. We'll just have to see.







Sucker Punch (March 25, 2011) - "A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility."




Wild Target (Already Released) - "A hit tries to retire but a beautiful thief may change his plans."




Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20, 2011) - Looks like "Captain" Jack Sparrow is finally going to get himself a steady mate in the latest PoC film. Jack and others set out to find the fountain of Youth and meets all kinds of peril as usual. I can't wait to see how they've made this one.




Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon (July 1, 2011) - "The Autobots learn of a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the Moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and learn its secrets, which could turn the tide in the Transformers' final battle."




Beastly (March 18, 2011) - A modern Beauty and the Beast tale portrays a young man boastful about his looks and stature yet cruel to others. When a witch cast a spell on him to appear as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside he has a year to find true love. I love the Beauty & the Beast story about loving people not for what they look like or have but for their character. I can't wait for this one to come out.



Water For Elephants (April 15, 2011) - "A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet."



Jumping The Broom (May 6, 2011) - This seems really interesting. Being a film with a mostly black cast (Paula Patton is mixed FYI) dealing with the issues of class and prejudice. My type of topic!! :D



Rango (March 4, 2011) - "A chameleon that aspires to be a swashbuckling her finds himself in a Western town plagued by bandits and is forced to literally play the role in order to protect it." Looks cute and funny. : )




Green Lantern (June 17, 2011) - I'm not really looking forward to this film because I can't believe what the CG looks like! They know they could have done waaay better. But it's a comic book, action flick repping my DC team so I'm going to go support it (if possible).






X-Men: First Class (June 3, 2011) - "The epic beginning of the X-Men saga, and reveals a secret history of famous global events. Before mutants had revealed themselves to the world, and before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Not archenemies, they were instead at first the closest of friends, working together with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to prevent nuclear Armageddon. In the process, a grave rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men."




 







Red Riding Hood (March 11, 2011) - Yes I know it looks lame because we can already tell who the villain probably is but I don't know I still want to see it. It would have been awesome if they made the plot a bit more mysterious. lol A young Wolfman (Benicio's version).




Cars 2 (June 24, 2011) - Sequels are usually not as good as the first but who knows Disney and Pixar may do a good job this time around.






No real trailer has surfaced:

The Three Musketeers (October 15, 2011) - I like new portrayals of old films and books if it's done properly. Hopefully this movies starring won't be a let down.




The Help (August 12, 2011) - "Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, “The Help” stars Emma Stone as Skeeter, a southern society girl who returns from college determined to become a writer, but turns her friends’ lives—and a small Mississippi town—upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families. Academy Award® nominee Viola Davis stars as Aibileen, Skeeter’s best friend’s housekeeper, who is the first to open up—to the dismay of her friends in the tight-knit black community. Despite Skeeter’s life-long friendships hanging in the balance, she and Aibileen continue their collaboration and soon more women come forward to tell their stories—and as it turns out, they have a lot to say. Along the way, unlikely friendships are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly—and unwillingly—caught up in the changing times."








The Lucky One (2012) - A Marine returns to North Carolina after serving three tours in Iraq and searches for the unknown woman he believes to be his good luck charm during the war. This is based off a Nicholas Sparks book so I want to see how it turns out.





Abduction (September 23, 2011) - The Last thing I saw him in before the Twilight Series was Shark Boy and Lava Girl. I want to see if he's improved as an actor or not.



I claim no photos or videos as my own. Some of the summaries are mine though. This is just info on what I want to see.


Hopefully by 2012 I would have seen a majority of the films on this list. :D


Until my next entry,
Tempress is out. PEACE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pursuit of Purity: Trip Lee and the Mowry's

PSA: My Generation!!

Single Ladies